St. Paul’s Credit Union is a credit union focused on serving the needs of Gardaí, retired Gardaí and their families. Established in Cork in 1967, St. Paul’s now has members in every division in the country.
Why are we different?
- We’re owned by our members and run for our members
- We serve only Gardai and their families
- You have a say in how your credit union is run
- We reinvest in you, not shareholders or investors
- We are committed to transparent, clear and ethical financial services
St. Paul’s Credit Union Ltd. was first established in 1967 in the old Cork North Garda Station on Cork’s McCurtain Street. The first loan went to a Garda who used the money to buy a suit to wear to a wedding. Download our short ‘History of St. Paul’s Credit Union’ to find out how a small group of Gardaí laid the foundations for one of the largest Credit Unions in Ireland.